Minutes - 2017
Club Meeting -- October 12,
• Coaches must have lanyards with photo ID - this indicates that
coach has been coried. While the wearing of lanyards at fall games my
not be enforced, it will be in the spring season.
• D2 players need to register. Coaches should contact their players.
• The Board is trying to collect money from players who haven’t
yet paid. If coaches receive a check, they can pass it along to any board
member or send it to the office.
Vice President’s Report/ SCSL
• Fall playoffs will be held the weekend of November 4- 5.
• The spring season will have games on both ends of April vacation.
Several coaches expressed concern about having enough players for both
weekends. Ginger suggested waiting to see the actual schedule, then trying
to make adjustments as needed.
Coaching Director’s Report
• The weekly clinics for non-D1 players have been well received.
There is room for more players. Coaches are asked to encourage their players
• Feedback from coaches who have had GPS sessions at their practice
times was also positive.
• All coaching slots for the 2017-18 season are filled except for
2nd and 3rd grade teams. These age groups will be signing up November
2nd at uniform night.
Coaches can also volunteer at this time.
• Plans for winter and spring training are being developed.
Equipment Manager’s Report
• Uniform and Registration night will be Thursday November 2 at
the Rec Center 6-8.
1. Because current uniform shirts are no longer available, ALL players
will need to buy a new uniform shirt for the spring season, (except those
- 3rd and 4th
grade players and new fall players who have the new shirts already).
2. Players will be notified by Sports Pilot but coaches are encouraged
to send a secondary email to their players to ensure they know this.
3. FSC is asking families to donate the old shirts for young players in
other countries who don’t have access to uniforms. A collection
bin will be at Uniform Night.
4. The Board is investigating offering a new brand of black shorts due
to complaints about the current style.
5. Current players are asked to wear their uniform shirts to school on
November 2 to remind people of Registration/Uniform Night and to generate
excitement for the spring season.
• Fall coaches expressed positive feedback about refs working home
• ARs must be at least 16 and at least two years older than the
players in the game they are working.
• Coaches have asked for a “Breakout” line for younger
players on goal kicks. Keepers on Grade 2 and Grade 3 teams often struggle
to get the ball out of the box.
A list of game days by grade and gender is available on the website.
Club Meeting -- September 14,
- All coaches should have and wear 2017-18 credentials. This indicates
that the CORI is up to date. Use lanyards provided last year and insert
current photo id.
- Every team should have an assistant coach.
- Registration is now open for D2 players. All D2 players need to register
in order to participate in the Friday GPS clinics.
- The uniform and and Registration night for grades 2,3 & 9+ will
be held in early November, (probably November 2). It was suggested that
current players be encouraged to wear their uniforms to school on that
day as a reminder and to generate excitement for the FSC program.
Vice President/Field Manager’s Report
- All issues and concerns about field use should be addressed through
the club (field manager) and not taken directly to the DPW or Rec Department.
- The club may need to line the 151 field. There may be game conflicts
in a couple of weeks.
- Fall playoffs will be in early November. (Details will follow.)
Coaching Director’s Report
- The new weekly clinic for non D1 players began 9/15. D2 players are
encouraged to attend Fridays 4:30-6:30.
- GPS will be working with coaches each week.
- The D2 coaching slate is almost complete. There is still an opening
for the Grade 7 D2 boys.
Equipment Manager’s Report
- Coaches should bring 2 game balls to each home game.
- Uniform issues go to Kelly Crocker at Falmouth Exchange (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Next Coaches meeting is scheduled for October
Club Meeting -- April 13,
• The Joe Kirk Tournament raised just under $1500 this year, down
slightly from last year. Anyone who knows of potential beneficiaries should
email President TJ Turner.
• Make-up practices are held Friday nights @ 4:30 at Trotting Park.
D1 players need to attend 2 practices each week. D2 players must attend
1. It is fine to use the Friday practices as extra work, but if the majority
of your team is attending, a coach should accompany them to help run the
practice. Older players could be used as helpers to mentor younger players.
• FSC is on a wait list with UK Elite for goalie training, which
coaches have requested. In the meantime, numerous drills are available
• TRYOUTS –
1. The 2017/18 tryout letter is on the FSC website.
2. FSC coaches will do the evaluations this year, not UK Elite.
3. Coaches will again submit their evaluations/rankings/comments. The
board will generate an assessment form to help coaches provide comprehensive
information in a consistent format.
4. Players will be evaluated during a spring game as well as at tryouts.
5. Players are committed to their team/FSC through June 30. Tryouts will
be June 24&25. There will be NO make-up tryouts. Players who cannot
attend tryouts will have to rely on game evaluation and coach ranking
Reminders to coaches:
• Report home game scores in Got Soccer
• Bring 2 game balls to each home game.
• SCSL has a zero tolerance policy with regard to criticizing referees.
FSC has a number of new referees in training. Coaches are asked to be
supportive and email feedback good and bad to Referee Assignor Frank Mastriano.
• Ask players to clean up their sideline area when the game is over.
No trash should be left behind. Rob Ryan will look into getting a recycling
bin for the field.
• The club will be working to collect unpaid player fees in the
next couple of weeks.
• The club is still looking for a new Webmaster to update and maintain
• FSC may again participate in the Falmouth Annual Earth Day clean
up by collecting trash at Trotting Park. Further details will be provided.
• The Board of Health anticipates many ticks this spring and summer
that have the potential to transmit several different diseases. Teams
are encouraged to take precautions including using the portable benches
located in the trailer to keep players off the ground. A SportsPilot message
will go out to families reguarding the potential dangers.
The next meeting will be 5/11/2017.
Becky Kirk, FSC Secretary
Club Meeting -- February 16,
The following Slate of Board Members was approved:
President – T.J. Turner
Vice President – Erin Lewis
Secretary – Becky Kirk
Treasurer – Sara Turner
Registrar – Rick Chandler
Coaching Director – Rich Corner
Field Manager – Rob Ryan
Equipment Manager – Tom Lacey
Referee Assignor – Frank Mastriano
Fundraising Manager – Cheryl Gregory
FSC is looking for a new Webmaster to update and
maintain the website. Anyone interested in this position should contact
Vice President and SCSL Representative Erin Lewis
reported that the 2017 season would begin 3/25/2017. The last games will
be the June 03/04 weekend. MTOC will be the weekend of June 23.
Coaches should log in to GotSoccer to enter their
players onto the roster and check their 2017 spring schedule. This schedule
will not be official until 3/1.
Coaches seeking to reschedule games should contact Erin with 3 possible
reschedule dates. Only reschedules due to school or religious events will
be considered and it may be necessary to document the event. Coaches needing
to reschedule games during the season must contact Erin before Wednesday
9am for games the following weekend.
FSC will hold its 9th annual Joe Kirk Memorial
Tournament on Saturday March 4th. The flyer will go out via Sports Pilot
in the next couple of days. Coaches are encouraged to contact their teams
to inform them of game times and parental participation opportunities.
Donations and raffles are still needed. Volunteers are also needed to
provide baked goods and to man raffle, t-shirt and food tables. Sponsors
are still being accepted. Their names will appear on the t-shirts and
in the brochure. The schedule is similar to last year’s and player
donation still $5/player.
Proceeds go to a FSC family facing a challenging time.
Coaches who have not registered with MYSA and been
Cori cleared must do so immediately. Coaches will need their credentials
to be on the field.
Field Manager Rob Ryan said the fields will be
lined in mid-March. All games and practices will be scheduled at Trotting
Park or Morse Pond School. Coaches chose their spring practice times.
Respectfully submitted, Becky Kirk